Title: Director of Development
Organization: Fox Valley Hands of Hope – Geneva, Illinois
Posted: November 17, 2017
Fox Valley Hands of Hope is seeking a highly motivated, fundraising professional with excellent relationship building skills to join our staff team as Director of Development. Reporting directly to the Executive Director this position leads all fundraising efforts working closely with staff and volunteer committees. Fox Valley Hands of Hope is a community based, volunteer driven, nonprofit organization that provides compassionate care for those experiencing loss.
SUMMARY: The Director of Development is responsible for planning, implementing and directing all aspects of fundraising activities for Fox Valley Hands of Hope. This includes, but is not limited to, Special Events, Corporate Sponsorship, Foundation Grants, Major Gifts, and Individual Giving. Strong focus will be placed on donor cultivation, new prospects, and expanding fundraising efforts as well as maximizing existing campaigns and events.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of proven successful fundraising experience.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills – verbal and written.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to be deadline orientated and manage multiple projects.
- Competency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience effectively managing donor data bases.
- A comprehensive understanding of social media and electronic marketing.
- Ability to work with and motivate fundraising volunteers.
- Experience in writing for a variety of grants & letters of intent.
- Familiarity with nonprofit financial reports.
- Interested applications should email a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Greg Weider, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.