Grief Takes A Hike
We Need Your Help!
Grief Takes a Hike is taking place the weekend of August 4-6 in Walworth, Wisconsin. This weekend of healing is free to all participants. We would like to increase the number of families who are able to attend and we need your help.
Your donation makes a difference in the lives of those living with loss in your community!
– $350 sends one child to camp for the entire weekend, including transportation, food, lodging and supplies
– $100 provides transportation to and from camp for two children
– $50 provides breakfast, lunch and dinner for one child for the weekend
– $25 provides program supplies for one child for the weekend
Please consider giving a donation to help send a child and their family to camp – make your donation below.
Grief Takes a Hike 2017
Held in Wisconsin on August, 4th -6th – this overnight adventure is designed for families who have experienced the death of a grandparent, mother, father, child or other significant person. Available to families at no cost, Grief Takes a Hike allows participants to come together to experience the therapeutic value of nature. This time allows for families to share and process feelings, while enjoying indoor and outdoor activities such as relaxation at the beach, family relays, exploration of nature, campfires, art and more.
Grief Take a Hike teaches families to:
- Enjoy activities as a family
- Identify positive and helpful coping skills
- Learn about loss of life grief at different developmental stages
- Understand the differences between adult and child grief
- Find hope after loss
- Learn the benefits of self-care and how to balance your grief with your child’s grieving needs
- Recognize the value of the grief support group process
In conjunction with Presence Health, Fox Valley Hands of Hope provides transportation from Geneva, Illinois to Walworth, Wisconsin and back, meals and lodging to campers completely free of charge. Spanish interpreters are available.
If your family – or a family you know – could benefit from Grief Takes a Hike, please contact Jill Thorson, Children’s Bereavement Services Coordinator (phone: 630.232.2233, extension 225; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to reserve your family’s spot for GTAH.